Terms and Policies
Please proceed to the order check out section after you have selected the items you wish to purchase. We will email you confirmation of your order within 48 business hours. This email will indicate if the items you have selected are in stock or need to be ordered.
In stock items will leave our warehouse within 72 business hours and ship regular ground or normal LTL unless other wise requested.
Non-stocked items will be considered a special order.
Since we work with several companies, custom order lead times can vary.
As a general rule of thumb for all custom orders, furniture lead times are generally 6-8 weeks and accessories/art are generally 3-6 weeks. This does not include back orders or custom alterations. We will make every effort to provide you with the items you have purchased in a timely manner.
Once the order is placed you will receive an ETA via email.
Each hand-made item incorporates a variety of natural materials with inherent variations in grain, tone, striation, and color. As such, expect a degree of variation from photos displayed on the website. If in doubt, please contact us directly.
All special orders are final sales as they are custom and made to order. Returns and exchanges are not accepted on special orders. If an item arrives damaged or in poor condition, you must do the following;
1. Note on delivery/bill of lading.
2. Call or email us within 48 hours of arrival.
3. Email photos of damage.
4. Keep all original packaging and materials.
If you do not follow these instructions, Designs and Details can not facilitate a return.
All lead times will be quoted after time of order. In stock item can leave our warehouse within 72 hours and be delivered in 5-10 business days. General lead times for furniture is 6-8 weeks. Accessories and Art is 3-6 weeks. Custom changes and modifications will result in longer lead times. Designs and Details is not responsible for unforeseen delays in third party shipping sources, weather or natural disaster delays.
Cancellations on in-stock products can be made prior to products leaving the warehouse, within 48 hours of placing and then confirming the order. Cancelled orders will incur a 25% restocking fee.
Please pay close attention to finish, fabric and top options when ordering. Special orders are not returnable, refundable or exchangeable.
If you would like to cancel your order, you may do so by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of placing the online order. After 48 hours, orders will be treated as a Return and subject to our return policy.
Freight charges are included with each order at time of purchase. This amount is based on a percentage of the total order.
If you wish to have white glove delivery service, please add this at time of order. White Glove Delivery Service includes in home delivery, set up, assembly and removal of all debris.
Designs and Details has made every effort to provide selections from reputable manufacturing sources with established product lines. The warranty provided from the manufacturer will be extended to the end user. This information will be provided at time of purchase. In the event a warranty issue arises, we will diligently work with you and the manufacturer to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Please be advised that Designs and Details is not the warranter and will not provide any additional warranties than those provided by the original manufacturing agent.
The following issues are not Covered Under a Warranty:
1. Any failure caused by unreasonable use or abuse.
2. Rust seepage or bleeding from crevices or hidden, non-finished surfaces inherent in some metal designs.
3. Rusting and/or oxidation of frames resulting from exposed metals that have been scratched, chipped or not maintained as outlined in the care and maintenance instructions.
4. Natural fading or discoloration of fabrics beyond 1 year warranty period.
5. C.O.M. fabrics (customer’s own material).
6. Normal fading of frame finish.
7. Accidental damage (including fire, wind, dropping or others).
8. Permanent stains caused by lotions, oils or other substances.
9. Hard-water deposits or calcium build-up due to minerals found in regional water supplies.
10. Furniture used in commercial or institutional use.
11. Damages incurred from shipping, handling, and storage.
12. Failures driven by inadequate care, upkeep, and maintenance.